Group Sales Manager: Mens, Handbags, Fashion and Fine Jewelry
95 Century Boulevard Serv Road
Check out similar listings!
Loading some great jobs for you...
Be on the front lines of a store like no other as part of our store management team: you'll lead, manage and inspire a diverse and creative team in executing in-store success. Part business consultant, part relationship guru, and 100% leader, you'll contribute and collaborate to drive the business forward. With frequent opportunities to advance, our store management team is a fast track to career success.
The Group Sales Manager drives sales, service and loyalty through their Business Managers to deliver the plan. The GSM anticipates the daily needs of the business, responds to market/fashion trends and gives specific direction to Business Managers. The GSM is the \"head coach\" of Business Managers and EDPs and is responsible for their development. GSMs devise long term business strategies with General Manager/Division Sales Manager.
Oversees 5-8 Direct Report Business Managers and their delivery of people readiness: available, informed and elevated sellers
* Guarantee proactive management of associate attendance/coverage (95% HUR) * Require NPS professional readiness of staff in appearance, skill and attitude * Consistently use rallies/department meetings to communicate business driving and procedural information
Oversees floor readiness: selling space maintenance to ensure brand right environment for customer experience
* Require customer ready environment from direct reports: Adherence to standards and NPS expectations, ownership of staff recovery/maintenance activities and leveraging of operational partners
Ensures Easy/Fashionable/Personal/Fun experience for our customers
* Observe, coach and develop Business Managers in their ability to role model customer centric selling behaviors of their sales teams * Promote relationship building, repeat business and nurturing Top of the List to maximize sales with clients and associate productivity * Educate/require associates to elevate client experience by building relationships when warranted and leveraging all store services * Educate/require Business mangers to elevate client experience by leveraging all store services * Interact with customers (beyond area of responsibility when necessary) being a champion for Loyallist, managing traffic, addressing issues and seeking feedback on shopping experience * Optimize Omnichannel selling tools: tablet look books, store to door, Pick at POS, b-connected, MPOS, etc
Oversees the onboarding and performance development of their Business Managers and direct reports
* Ensure new hire Business Managers/associates complete orientation/on-boarding education requirements * Actively own Business managers/associate development post on-boarding: checklists, mentor/shadow assignments * Consistently coach to performance review (MDR/PDR) behaviors, PDR report usage, and through on-going, constructive feedback formal monthly sessions/seasonal PDR review and RBP as needed. * Use PDR content communicate and establish clear standards/expectations for client centric behaviors and empowered/self-driven business ownership
Leadership Team Commitment
* Establish self and actively participation as a store leader in supporting total store priorities * Share ownership of store family behavior, performance and engagement * Aware of competition; field a team that the customer considers to be best in market * Succession awareness and commitment to develop future DMs from Business Manger ranks
* Understand comp business trend vs. Plan/LY by using Branch Comp and Focus Business reports * Identify trends/key items, know selling vs. non-selling brand/categories, observe and gain ground intelligence * Strategize business plans to maximize opportunities in achieving plans and developing teams * Communicate business trend needs to GM/DSM to impact future assortments and replenishment
* 4 Year College Degree Preferred * 3 Years of Leadership / Managerial Experience
This job overview is not all inclusive. In addition, Macy's, Inc. reserves the right to amend this job overview at any time. Macy's is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment. Macy's, Inc. - including Macy's and Bloomingdale's - will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal convictions in a manner consistent with SFPC Art. 49 and LA MC ch.XVIII Art. 9.
Associated topics: management, principal, regional sales manager, sales director, sales executive, sales management, shift lead, supervisor, team lead, team leader
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.