Here's what's possible for H&M VISUAL MERCHANDISERS:
Yes, we are seeking Visual Merchandisers, but only those who refuse to settle. Those who are fearless of pressure. You see, Visual Merchandisers here do more than just style our fashion according to the H&M guidelines; they also work with the Store Manager and Management team to maximize sales. They also coach the Sales Advisors identifying and teaching new talent. Most importantly, they are charged with helping our stores make a great first impression every day. Because at the end of the day, we can only sell what inspires our customers and it's up to our Visual Merchandisers to show them what's possible at H&M.
Title: Visual Merchandiser
Reports to: Store Manager - dotted line to Store Visual Manager if applicable
Direct Reports: None
Overall Job Function: Responsible for presenting the garments according to the H&M guidelines in order to maximize sales with guidance and direction of Store Manager and management team.
Job Responsibility including but not limited to:
Provide excellent direct and indirect customer service according to H&M standards and meet the 5 basic demands on the selling floor, in the fitting room and at the cash point.
Ensure garment presentation and garment care are executed per H&M guidelines referenced in the below information sources:
* Commercial Handbook (Department Book & Seasonal Book) * Visual Merchandising Book * Technical Book * Sales Tools & Store Information * Provide the season start information from Sales Organization and prepare the kickoff with the management team * Update the Commercial Handbook (Department Book & Seasonal Book) and Technical Book with the latest refill pages * Plan and implement all store campaigns and activities together with the store team * Ensure consistent garment care throughout the entire store
* Actively work in a commercial way to maximize sales, focusing on:
Top Priority Products, A-Areas and Basket items as well as ensuring a Red Thread is clearly demonstrated through the visual presentation * Ensure that orders for display materials and supplies are placed in a timely manner * Responsible for the care and maintenance of display materials * Keep the visual room clean and organized * Check the material arriving to the store in a timely fashion, confirming quantities, condition, etc. * Minimize security and safety risks * Plan and work with sales and operation goals to drive growth * Support in-store routines when necessary
* Train, coach and give daily feedback on garment presentation to the store staff * Plan and conduct the Keep It Commercial training together with the Department Manager * Provide label and design training for staff and managers * Inform store team about changes in the presentation of garments
Financial Accountability: None
Minimum Candidate Qualifications:
* Associate's degree in a fashion industry specialty preferred * 2 years of retail visual merchandising experience * Ability to lift in excess of 20 pounds * Ability to stand for long periods of time, bend, stretch, engage in repetitive motions, push, pull and carry items (mannequins, clothing, totes, torsos, etc.) for a short distance * Ability to climb a ladder and use a step stool
* Strong visual merchandising skills and the ability to drive business through creativity, fashion consciousness and commerciality * Knowledge of basic computer skills * Ability to provide day-to-day visual training and guidance through H&M's shared values * Ability to work in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment * Exceptional customer service and interpersonal skills * Strong organizational and time management skills * Strong verbal communication skills * Able to work independently while still working within a team environment * Must be able to work with hand-and-power operated tools and lift in order to execute display setups * Ability to work flexible hours and extended hours at times * May be required to travel to support other stores
Job Status: Nonexempt, Hourly (Part-Time or Full-Time)