NYU Langone Health is a world-class, patient-centered, integrated academic medical center, known for its excellence in clinical care, research, and education. It comprises more than 200 locations throughout the New York area, including five inpatient locations, a children's hospital, three emergency rooms and a level 1 trauma center. Also part of NYU Langone Health is the Laura and Isaac Perlmutter Cancer Center, a National Cancer Institute?designated cancer center, and NYU School of Medicine, which since 1841 has trained thousands of physicians and scientists who have helped to shape the course of medical history. For more information, go to nyulangone.org, and interact with us on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and Instagram.
We have an exciting opportunity to join our team as a Sr. Buyer.
In this role, the successful candidate is responsible for order placement and pricing negotiations. This role will provide customer service support to departments within the Hospital. This person will also be responsible for sourcing orders, reviewing terms and conditions, negotiating with Suppliers and will be involved with various projects to improve the process of the Purchasing Operations group
* Ensures uninterrupted supply of materials and services of a critical nature and of significant spend volumes across the hospitals. Locates sources of supply when contracted sources are unable to meet demands.
* Works closely with Strategic Sourcing team members to identify opportunities for competitive market reviews, supplier negotiations and contracting, along with maintaining clear concise records of buying decisions.
* Recognizes the value and impact of core purchasing technologies and works with IT and the Departments Application Delivery and Automation Team to automate processes to the greatest practical extent and maximize its functionalities.
* Conducts business in a timely, professional, and ethical manner at all times.
* Initiates follow-up on orders to clarify, change or solve discrepancies.
* Cooperates with internal and external customers to ensure efficient operations.
* Performs other duties as assigned.
To qualify you must have a Bachelor's degree and a minimum of two years purchasing experience is required or in absence of a degree, significant experience of purchasing functions in highly relevant role is acceptable.
Strong writing and oral communication skills
Strong customer focus with a sense of urgency and high level of accountability
Experience with purchasing systems and supply chain management technologies are preferred
Ability to analyze, suggest and improve processes to improve total group efficiency and productivity
Qualified candidates must be able to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization.
NYU Langone Health provides its staff with far more than just a place to work. Rather, we are an institution you can be proud of, an institution where you'll feel good about devoting your time and your talents.
NYU Langone Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sex, sexual orientation, transgender status, gender dysphoria, national origin, age, religion, disability, military and veteran status, marital or parental status, citizenship status, genetic information or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision. We require applications to be completed online.
If you wish to view NYU Langone Health's EEO policies, please click here. Please click here to view the Federal \"EEO is the law\" poster or visit for more information. To view the Pay Transparency Notice, please click here.
Associated topics: associate director, chief financial officer, chief investment officer, controller, director finance, finance director, operation, operational manager, organizational culture, president