We're looking for?
Assistant Buyer for Men's
The right person to assist the Buyers in sourcing and managing the most coveted Men's brands.
What you'll accomplish?
* Learn the art and science of off-price retail!
* Ensure that all boutique checkoffs, event pricing and POs are created and completed accurately in order to have successful sales and prevent receiving issues at the warehouse
* Analyze the competition, market research and competitive shop on line and in person to bring fresh ideas to the team
* Analyze sales trends, inventory and margin to achieve sales goals
* Build relationships with international and domestic suppliers to obtain the most sought after product at the lowest price
* Constant exposure to all aspects of Rue business. Work closely with many of our amazing departments: Programming, Planning, Boutique Production, Creative and Marketing, and have the ability to learn from all of these teams!
* You will learn to be an expert in excel and tableau
THE RIGHT FIT:
* 1-2 Years of Merchandising Experience
* Great experience in a retail environment using retail math
* Passion for product and a love of designer fashion. Are willing to start from the bottom and develop a long lasting buying career
* Detail oriented mind and are driven to achieve successful and profitable sales
* Kindness and are a natural team player!
* Proven analytical skills and are a risk taker
* A nice comfort working in Excel: You don't shy away from (and maybe even get excited by) VLOOKUPs, and sorting
* Self Starter who once comfortable in the role is confident to take the lead on their daily/weekly tasks without direction.
Bonus points for?
If you've got everything going on above, you're already a strong fit.
If you have the following too? You earn some extra credit from us.
* You are flexible and have the ability to prioritize! Have the ability to be proactive, have great follow up and are able make important decisions under the pressure of meeting demanding targets.
ABOUT THE MEN'S MERCHANDISING TEAM:
Fun, dedicated, hard-working team who truly loves our impact on Rue La La! We gain access to the most in demand department store & high end boutique brands.
Rue Gilt Groupe is the premier off-price e-commerce portfolio company, connecting more than 20 million members with coveted designers at an exceptional value. Two complementary brands, Rue La La and Gilt, utilize world-class merchandising, technology and marketing to strategically support our brand partners and inspire members daily. Our approach to retail brings excitement to online shopping and the best-in-class experience that today's customers demand.
This Company is an equal opportunity employer, and selects individuals best matched for the job based upon job-related qualifications regardless of race, religion, color, creed, sex, sexual orientation, age, ancestry, national origin, gender identity, genetic information, disability, pregnancy, veteran or military status or any other status or characteristic protected by law.
Associated topics: buyer, display, inventory, merchandise, purchase, raw material, ship, store, supplier, supply chain